CONCRETE SUPPORTS CONVENTIONAL, HIGH-PRODUCTION AND ORGANIC WISCONSIN AGRICULTURE
Because of its durability, versatility, and proven environmental characteristics, concrete is the construction material of choice on Wisconsin farms.
Quality ready-mixed concrete supports Wisconsin agriculture in key ways:
• Concrete resists cracking, abrasion, scaling, acids, manure, and the daily grind of production agriculture, providing long service life for farm structures and infrastructures.
• Concrete requires minimal up-keep, resulting in low annual maintenance costs, cleaner workspaces and structures, reduced bacterial growth, and improved animal and worker health.
• Concrete stands up to wind, fire and vermin, lowering annual insurance costs.
• Concrete supports soil and water conservation.
Agricultural processing and value-adding agricultural facilities – including composting operations, biogas generation and anaerobic digestion facilities – use ready-mixed concrete as an essential part of construction and agricultural best management practices.
Quality concrete provides:
• Long service life
• Fire resistance
• Reduced bacterial growth
• Environmental compliance.
• Low annual maintenance costs
• Lowest life-cycle costs
• Lowest environmental impact over the life of the agricultural structure or infrastructure.
See the Features link to the left for details.
Concrete on the Farm
Both during and following construction, ready-mixed concrete supports conventional, high-production, and organic Wisconsin agriculture.
Whether it is footings for vertical crop storage and grain bin storage, or the flatwork required with horizontal crop storage, barn floors and walls, ready-mixed concrete provides an investment for a lifetime.
Homes, barns, milking parlors, livestock, and other outbuildings and storage facilities, feedlots, farm-to-market pavements, and manure handling infrastructure – Concrete is the construction material of choice for Wisconsin farmers.
If you grow field crops, manage orchards or vineyards, or raise livestock or poultry, concrete is the best material choice for your farm.