Ready Mix Driver Career
Welcome to the career section, where useful resources can help you learn more about a career as ready-mix concrete driver.
VIEW what it looks like in the day of a life of a ready-mix driver.
FIND a ready-mix company in your area.
READ about a career as a ready-mix concrete driver.
LEARN about what a Commercial Driver License is and where you can go to school to obtain one.
Concrete is the most widely used man-made material for buildings, roads, agriculture and other important applications. Drivers who transport ready mix concrete are vital for the growth of the economy. And unlike over the road haulers, ready mix drivers have the benefit of working close to home.
A ready mix driver is responsible for transporting freshly mixed concrete from the batch plant to the job site in a safe manner. Drivers are responsible for making normal operating adjustments to the equipment and material being hauled.
See a list of WRMCA ready mix suppliers with job openings below:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have safe driving record.
- Must have Wisconsin Class B Commercial Driving License.
- Most be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening to be considered.
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and strong customer service skills.
- Operates vehicles and maintains personal safety in accordance with Company, FMCSA, and OSHA policy guidelines.
- Stay informed of all applicable D.O.T. rules and regulations, and operates within those rules and regulations.
- Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on truck and related equipment for operation and safety.
- Keeps truck in premium operating condition and clean inside and outside by adhering to truck checkout and cleaning procedures.
- Uses sound judgment when setting up equipment on job sites that may be dangerous for the operator, equipment or other personnel.
- Reads and understands delivery tickets, especially with regard to delivery location and types and quantity of materials to be delivered.
- Reports back to dispatch using proper communication procedure, on status of job and for other scheduling purposes.
- Take orders, instruction and guidance from management and supervisors.
- Ability to deal with customers in a diplomatic matter, in a variety of situations.
- Reports all mechanical problems with equipment to the proper individual(s).
- Performs a variety of other duties assigned by the plant operator relative to the plant and grounds.
Contact Us for More information on a Ready Mix Concrete Driver Career!
Wisconsin Ready Mixed Concrete Association
44 East Mifflin Street, Suite 305 Madison, WI 53703 608-250-6304 firstname.lastname@example.org